How to Choose a Dentist
Healthy teeth and gums is all about prevention, which means semi-annual teeth cleanings and dental exams. But sometimes teeth get broken and gums become inflamed, or you want a brighter smile. That’s why it’s important to choose a dentist in High Point, NC, who can help you with a wide variety of services: Preventative care, cosmetic dentistry, or unexpected dental treatments.
What to Look for in a Dentist
A welcoming office, friendly staff, and highly qualified dentist are all factors you take into account when you choose a dentist. Here are a few more things to look for in a dental practice:
- Family-friendly atmosphere. Family dentists are knowledgeable about treating treat children through seniors and make patients of all ages feel comfortable.
- Help with anxiety management. Compassionate dental practices know that dental anxiety is a fact of life for many people. A comfortable, fun environment helps you relax instead of worry. Ask about headphones, TVs, and even massaging dental chairs!
- State-of-the-art technology. A dentist in High Point, NC, stays current with the fast-changing world of dentistry. What types of continuing education do they do and do they use digital x-rays and intraoral pictures? Knowledge of treatments like Invisalign is valuable as well.
- Emergency care. Your dentist will want to know right away if you’ve lost or broken a tooth, filling, or crown or have severe tooth pain. Be sure you’ll be cared for, so you don’t have to wait until regular business hours.
- Advanced and cosmetic treatments. All dentists perform tooth extractions, root canals, and dental crowns. But does your dentist also perform advanced treatments, such as dental implants? You may also want cosmetics, such as teeth whitening, dental veneers, or dentures.
Since you visit your dentist frequently for preventative care, he or she plays a big part in your overall health and well-being. Call Deep River Family & Cosmetic Dentistry today to schedule an appointment and meet our team. We’re looking forward to meeting you!